Chronic back pain greatly affects quality of life. If you haven’t tried it yet, massage therapy for back pain might be a game changer!
Is massage therapy for back pain really that effective?
Back pain massage is recognized by multiple healthcare providers as an effective treatment for back pain and a useful addition to lower back treatment. More than half of them say that they encourage their patients to try massage therapy for back pain. As a result the number of adults having massage therapy for back pain has more than doubled since 1997.
The Touch Research Institute conducted a study on massage and back pain and found that: “Massage lessened lower back pain, depression and anxiety, and improved sleep. The massage therapy group also showed improved range of motion and their serotonin and dopamine levels were higher.”
Many Americans are now into massage therapy for back pain to help maintain healthy balanced lifestyle. Let us not also forget how great the feeling when treated by a professional massage therapist.
If one looking for a safer and more effective alternative to medication or even to surgery due to chronic back pain, consider these healing benefits of a back massage:
Five Benefits of Massage Therapy for Back Pain:
1. Relaxes the muscles for a better range of movement and also helps to sleep better which is quite important for the healing process. Some massage oils can greatly help to relax. There’s a bunch of them you can use: lavender oil, coconut oil or eucalyptus oil are some great examples!
2. Helps with posture. You can also consider wearing a back brace to maintain good posture and provide support.
3. Improves the circulation of blood, which aids to the improvement of muscle soreness due to physical activity.
4. Increases endorphin levels.
5. Most importantly relieves lower back pain!
Finally, having a massage therapy for back pain is more than a great way to relax the body, reduce stress, and prevents illnesses, but it also improves the quality of life.